Saturday 4 January 2014

Introduction

 

                                My favourite place to be is...in bed reading.

Firstly, I should point out that this isn't the first blog I've ever started. This blog has two predecessors [that I hope you don't stumble across on your internet travels] which ultimately failed because they weren't specific enough, and as a consequence I gave up on them too easily, after just a couple of months. I am attempting to do this again, because I now feel that I have a better understanding of how blogs work [though I'm still on a learning curve] and the kind of things I would like to blog about; namely anything and everything to do with reading and writing. 

Now, I'm not proclaiming to be some kind of expert on the subject of reading and writing [though I did recently try and drunkenly get past a bouncer by telling him I had an English degree, which did a fat lot of good], I'm merely making it the focus of my blog because reading is my passion, and my ultimate goal is to become a professional writer. I believe that if I truly want to be someone who writes for a living, then I should explore every avenue and try and make my presence known. I also want to write a blog because writing regulary makes me happy and even though I know this about myself, I still somehow always manage to put it off. 

Hopefully, having a blog will give me the incentive to write more often. My final reason for writing a blog is that reading blogs is one of my favourite pastimes, and I find myself wanting to be a part of the blogosphere more and more. It just looks like fun.